Monday 3 December 2012

Hard As Nails...


The Strictly Come Dancing Edition!

I love Strictly Come Dancing. Nearly as much as I love painting my nails. Ballroom dancing has been given a modern make over with a host of sexy profession dancers, (ooooh Artem!) some spectacular costumes and clever routines. I also love Len Goodman simply because he is such a darling! This may sound really old fashioned and a bit sad, but I would absolutely love to learn how to ballroom dance! Who knows, maybe Santa will grant my wish this year? 

I associate Strictly with winter. Winter equals Christmas. And Christmas equals lots of glitz and glam. Yes, at Christmas it is the only time of the year where it is acceptable to look like a disco ball. I decided to take a little bit of glam to my nails. My latest Avon haul included this glittery top coat so I decided to experiment with colours to paint underneath it. Black sprang to mind simply because I thought it would make the glittery top coat stand out so much more than say a red or a purple. You can also buy the same top coat but in a purple or a gold colour. Too shop the collection, click here

I used my trusty Barry M black for the first coat. After painting my nails I left them to dry and then painted the glittery top coat on. What a difference it made! My nails sparkled and glittered, and brought a bit of a change to an otherwise simple manicure. I got a few compliments from people in work too. Let’s face it; it's always nice to have a compliment or two! Brightens up my day anyway :-)





The only thing I would say about this top coat is that it is a devil to remove! So be prepared to scrub your nails to get this polish off!

You can experiment with any colour as the first coat - it gives a nice winter sparkle up any manicure. I shall defiantly be using it again and again to make my nails glam ;)


Don't forget to also put base coat on - you don't want to stain your nails.


Until next time lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment