Sunday 11 November 2012

Bath Time, Me Time...

After my slight blogging hiatus, I'm back! I decided to take a break after landing my first post University job. Eeek, I'm now a grown up! I think I've finally got used to the early mornings, my new surroundings and just generally having a lot less time to myself than I used to. But not that I'm complaining, I'm having a ball! 

So, in the spirit of all us '9 to 5ers' I've been thinking a lot lately about how much more precious my 'me time' is nowadays. I love a good old pamper, and I encourage everyone to take some time out to recharge and de stress - no matter how busy your life is! How you do that is of course up to you, but mine is (and of course feel free to give this a go) having a nice soak in the bath.

Now, I'm huge bath fan. I'd take a bath over a shower any day. But, sometimes a shower is inevitable, if only to save some time. Once a week, usually on a Friday night or a Sunday evening I have a nice long soak in the tub. 

Notes on bath time...

You can't possibly have a bath without bubble bath! Over the years, and after trying most makes of bubble bath, I have to say that Radox is by far the best, compared to other much cheaper counterparts that are out there. Granted, Radox probably isn't the cheapest, but it is worth the extra spend! You don't need lots of it, but yet the bubbles are nice and big, plus they last a fair while. I also have these 'bath petals' which I picked up in Ann Summers. They are rose scented flowers and every time you want to use them you pull the desired amount of petals off the flower, scatter a few in the bath, wait for them to melt into the water a little and hey presto, a lovely rose scented bath awaits. Also, perfect for all those with boyfriends/girlfriends, a great way to spice up an otherwise standard night in! ;)

You also can't pass the time in the bath without a good book (careful not to drop it however. And, yes my clumsy self has done that before! I also avoid candles for that very same reason). You can see that I finally gave into the hype and have started to read the 50 Shades Trilogy. I'm currently reading the second book, and while it's hardly a masterpiece that could rival Dickens or Jane Austin, it's still fun and not massively heavy going!

Not pictured is my cup of tea! (Not very rock and roll I know!) More often than not I take a beverage of some sort. This week it was a brew. Other weeks it's been a glass of wine, Jack Daniels and coke, Gin and lemonade... Well, you get the picture. But if you bathe on a Sunday, it will probably call for a cup of tea, not more alcohol! ;)

All that is left to say is precisely how long you soak in the bath for is totally up to you! 


The perfect relaxing night in 

Until next time lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment