Tuesday 2 April 2013

Hard As Nails...


Or, the lazy girls guide to nail art!

I did blog a while back about the trend for nail art. Well, since that blog, I think that nail art has taken off in a bigger way than anyone really imagined it would. I've seen intricate Christmas scenes, Easter bunnies, spots, stripes, and all manner of wonderful art forms adorning nails across the country. Nice. But, what if you are like me, and can't do nail art to save your life? Or simply don't have the time to do these sorts of manicures?

Thank god for Barry M, and their crackle nail effect polish. Simply paint your nails with a desired under colour, and leave to dry. Then paint over them with the 'crackle' effect, and exactly like it says on the bottle, watch as the paint magically cracks to reveal a funky take on an otherwise normal manicure. It took me a while to discover this product. I'd heard of it, seen friends wearing it, but didn't actually buy it till not long ago. Why you ask? Well, in all honesty, I'm not quite sure! I think I was a little sceptical at first as to how well it would work. However, after finally trying and buying, I do wish I'd invested in a pot sooner.

Seeing the success of the black crackle effect, Barry M have since diversified their 'nail effect' line, and have brought out a white version of the crackle, a magnetic effect polish, and a denim style effect, to name just a few. In times of recession, having nice nails is an in-expensive way of bringing your looks bang up to date. The crackle effect polish, priced at around £3.99 really is budget beauty. 



The only thing I would advise, is a clear top coat over the top really makes the colour 'pop', and the manicure last much longer than it would do normally. 

Over the past few weeks, I've been charting my love affair with this polish. I've used it on top of a variety of colours so you can see what it looks like. Below are some of the results of my experiments:








So, if you haven’t already invested, why not add some ‘snap, crackle and pop’ into your next manicure? ;-)

Until next time lovelies x


No comments:

Post a Comment