Monday 22 April 2013

Face 2 Face...


I spent all of last weekend in bed with a horrific cold. Typical isn't it, I avoid serious illness over winter but yet get struck down with a cold/flu just when the weather starts to get warmer!

I always find that when I've been ill my skin goes to pot (probably because of the fact you are run down and your skin isn't at its fighting best) so, of course a face mask to help my skin along back to its usual normality was much needed. I literally have a cupboard full of facemasks. I do love trying new ones, and trying new brands to see which ones give the best results for my skin. But, I do think I must be slightly addicted. I can go to Boots/ASDA for something as simple as toothpaste, and come out with a facemask as well! I try to use at least one mask a week. I guess it's my thinking that if I have a strong face care routine, then it will keep the wrinkles away for longer! Haha ;-)

I decided to use Boot's 'Natural Collection' Wild Strawberry mask. Unlike the premium 'Sanctuary' range, 'Natural Collection' is Boot's colourful cheap n' cheerful range. The emphasis is very much on smells, with all the products in the range smelling distinctly like you could eat them. But, however good they smell, please don't mistake them for desert! Coming in at just £1 for the sachet, it is also very purse friendly!





When I first opened it, I was hit with a wonderful smell of strawberries. Kind of like a strawberry yogurt smell. When I applied, it went on well but started to sting quite a bit. Not a massive 'oh my god get this product off my face' kind of sting, but a slightly unpleasant feeling to say the least. It was quite easy to remove after the allotted time had passed, but my face felt very dry and 'cracked'. I don't expect my face to feel that dry after a facemask so it definitely looses marks for that.

Final verdict?

6/10 - I won't be rushing out to buy this again, because I don't honestly think it suits my skin type at all. However, at just £1 you can't fault the price, and after a week of not being able to smell anything due to a blocked nose, the sweet scent strawberry was lush! 

Final final verdict?

Bargain basement beauty at its best!

Until next time lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment