Tuesday 10 April 2012

Face2Face...

I don't know what it is, but the other day as I looked in the mirror I saw far too many spots for my liking! Not the sort that need squeezing, but the kind of red, under the skin type. Very annoying, and probably due to the fact I'm a little bit stressed with Uni work! After a few days of them simply not shifting, no matter how much water I drank, I decided to take matters into my own hands... So I did a facemask. Not my usual 'Boots 3 Minute Clay Mask' though, I needed something a little stronger...

In the end I settled for a "Montagne Jeunesse" - Deep Cleansing, Blemish Mud Mask. Now, I like these facemasks, and often if I fancy a real pamper I do buy one. Even if you are on a budget, you can still afford to buy luxuries such as facemasks, as this one was £1 from Asda! Total steal imo! You can also buy them from other places such as Superdrug, Boots & no doubt Bodycare (and other cut-price chemists) also sell them.




Notes on facemasks...

- I always cleanse my face beforehand. Just with my usual face wash. It's best to get rid of as much dirt from your pores as possible, or you could end up doing more harm than good.
- When washing off facemasks, I tend to use warm water, nothing too hot though as you may burn your skin.


Initial Thoughts...

With soothing Aloe Vera and extracts of Witch Hazel I'm expecting this mask to get rid of my spots and give me a squeaky clean complexion. A miracle cure. Not to mention the fact it says "anti imperfection" on the front of the mask.

When I first get into the mask I'm hit with a strong, fresh & herby kind of smell. I can smell what I'm sure is tea tree oil too. It sounds nice, but after a while it was getting to be a bit too strong.

During the mask... 

It goes on smoothly, and you don't need the entire mask to get a good even coverage (enough for two applications - result). The minute I'd put the mask on, my skin started to tingle, as if the ingredients were starting to weave their magic. It dried onto my face very quickly and I felt my face getting tighter within 5minutes. But, why is it, whenever you've got a facemask on you always get an itch on your nose or chin??! Cue the next 5minutes trying my very best to ignore the itch on my facemask covered nose.

The mask started out a light green colour, but when it was fully dried it turned white. I left it on for the full 15minutes (instructions say leave for 10-15).

Taking it off however was, well, frankly... A bit of a nightmare! I really had to scrub my face with a cloth to get it off. Of all the facemask brands I've tried this has got to be the toughest, so be prepared!



After the mask...

As soon as I'd washed it off my face felt very very dry, albeit smoother than before. I had to put a hell of a lot of moisturiser on after to make that 'dry' feeling go away. 

But, success as my face did feel 'clean'. Only like it had been lightly cleansed though, and not the 'deep cleansing' the mask advertises.

The morning after my face still felt smooth and my spots, well, they hadn't completely vanished, but there was some improvement in the way they looked. I also noticed that my complexion looked a little brighter and my cheeks rosier than the day before. 

I also had no reaction/redness due to this product so that’s always a bonus! I have a sensitive skin due to eczema so I'd say this mask is gentle enough for all skin types. 

Verdict...

I'd give this particular mask a generous 6/10. It’s by no means a 'miracle' product, and I can't say that after I've used it up I'd be rushing out to buy more. I think it’s because I prefer masks that are more about 'adding moisture' to skin rather than banishing pimples.  

That said, if you're after a lightly cleansing mask that smells like a day out at the seaside, then you may want to give this product a go!

Final Final Verdict...  

A nice, inexpensive, midweek beauty treat! 

6 comments:

  1. I always use a cheeky face mask when I have a night in to myself, I like the ones that warm up when you put them on :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to try the warm up ones for agess, what are they like? Xx p.s your blog is great, i'm now following you

      Delete
  2. Some great advise and tips here!

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :D follow for more of the same! Love your blog too, i'm now following x

      Delete
  3. I love Montagne Jeunesse masks, especially peel off ones, cause they are like the only paraben free peel off masks:-( thank you for the review, Clara!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all :D I really need to try one of the peel off masks! I've heard so much about them x

      Delete