Thursday 5 April 2012

Best Foot Forward...


I'm a huge believer in taking time out in order to pamper & relax yourself. My life at the minute is super busy! (That’s why I haven't had the chance to update my blog of late - I'm a final year Uni student, so my research project & other work is taking up the majority of my time! But, for the next couple of weeks I'm at home for the Easter holidays. Long overdue home comforts, yay!) Over the weekend we went out to celebrate one of my best friends 21st, and after a weekend of dancing & wearing heels, I decided a D.I.Y footbath was very much in order! It's always nice if you can get the professionals to pamper you with things like this (Spa days, salons etc) but it also works out much cheaper in the long run if you can do a good job yourself! Here is my guide to the best D.I.Y footbath around...

- Below is a picture of everything I normally use for a footbath. I don't use specific 'feet' products, i.e. the bubble bath because I think that normal products work just as well. But, I did make an exception for the 'Avon Heel Softening Cream'. I must confess, it’s actually my Mum's, but when I'm at home I do like to nick her products!



Getting Started...

- Firstly, fill your bowl with warm water (not too hot!), add your bubble bath & let your feet soak in the water. To this mixture, I added a few drops of tea tree oil. It is known as 'natures antiseptic' due to its healing & calming properties, and can help to sooth sore feet in an instant. Plus, it makes the water smell nice. I usually do my footbaths in the living room so I can watch telly while my feet relax.

- Don't forget a towel too - in case of spillages! 

- Soak your feet for around 15 to 20 minutes. You want the skin to be as soft as possible so your moisturiser will have the best chance of absorbing in. 

- Dry your feet thoroughly & banish hard skin on the soles & sides of your feet with a foot file. Also, if you intend to paint your nails (like I did) neatly cut & file your toenails. 

- Slather cream on your feet & cover them with an old pair of socks. The more times you apply cream to your feet, the softer the skin becomes. As summer is fast approaching do this as often as you can in order to be sandal ready! 

- Leave your feet until the cream has soaked in. Depending on how much you use, the best time scale to wait is between half an hour & an hour. When it has soaked in, dab your feet with a towel in order to get rid of excess cream.

- Then, separate your toes & paint your nails whatever colour you desire! I chose Avon's Nailwear Pro in 'Dynamo'. It’s a wonderful metallic, glittery purple (seen below) that goes on easy (thanks to the wide bush) & is fairly long lasting.



6 comments:

  1. I know, its really good! And good value for money, I love the cooling footsprays they do too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Avon's nail varnishes, really pretty colour x

    so-phee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to paint my toes nails they are all boring and plain at the moment xx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post. I need to take more care of my foots. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thankyou :D Make it into a weekly thing! Thats what I try to do anyways... x

      Delete