Saturday 16 February 2013

Five of the Best...


I think secretly, deep down everyone has a rock chick side just waiting to jump out (air guitar is totally optional). I'm not a huge lover of being massively girly with my style so I do tend to stay away from things that are too twee, and the whole avenue of 'Granny chic' style. Indie/Rock inspired style is never really off the trend radar, so don't be afraid to experiment.

The best way to achieve an instant rock chick look is lots of eyeliner, paired with a band t-shirt. I love band t-shirts. I currently own 3 (and counting). If anyone is particularly interested, they are The Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses and Goldfrapp. The only rule I have for band t-shirts is that I only buy t-shirts of bands I actually do like. Otherwise you just run the risk of looking like a desperate fashsionista. I can recall a conversation I had with a random girl on a night out who couldn't name a single Stones track, yet she had those famous lips splashed across her chest. I just found it a bit weird.


Once again, I've done the shopping so you don't have to ;-) So, here are my 5 favourite tee's straight from the internet:



Run DMC Tee - truffleshufffle.com - £24.99




Run DMC, the legendary hip hop outfit of the 80's. Consisting of Joseph "Run" SimmonsDarryl "D.M.C." McDaniels, and Jason "Jam Master Jay" Mizell. The logo is the bands original, so wear with some high top trainers to pay homage to the original pioneers of hip hop, ghetto style.

Pink Floyd Tee - Amplified clothing - £24.99



'The Dark Side of the Moon' is Pink Floyd's 8th studio album, and the iconic image you see on the tee is the albums artwork. Wear with a flowery headband and a long floaty skirt, reminiscent of 60's and 70's hippy trippy style.  

Rolling Stones Tee - truffleshuffle.com - £29.99




This 1978 US tour Stones tee is slightly different to the standard 'lips' ones. This one details dates of their 1978 tour, a definite fan favourite. Wear with red lipstick, and a cheeky smile. 

Blondie Tee - truffleshuffle.com - £34.99




‘Call Me’ is obviously one of Blondie's most popular songs. The fact that this is a pink shirt and not the usual black backgrounds we see on most band tee's means it's a little more girly. Perfect for those who aren't ready to be too edgy. Wear with a bouncy blow dry to emulate Debbie Harry herself.

Guns N' Roses Tee - truffleshuffle.com - £19.99




The classic Guns N' Roses logo has been given a summery twist with this strappy tee. Perfect for summer rock gigs/festivals/Saturday afternoon in the pub. Just don't wear with massively curly hair, or you may look more like Slash than you think ;-)

Until next time lovelies x

4 comments:

  1. I've definitely got an inner rock chick! I have the Pink Floyd t-shirt and as you suggested i wear with a maxi skirt or denim shorts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has an inner rock chick for definate :) Aww, it will look nice with shorts (when we finally have some warm weather! haha) x

      Delete
  2. I love the Rolling Stones & guns and roses tee!! Gorgeous! I love pering tops like this with jeans & a leather jacket!! Xx

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really want the Stones one, even though I already have one haha! I need a leather jacket in my life too x

      Delete