Sunday 23 June 2013

Heaven Scent...

Carrying on my summer theme, I thought I'd share with you a recent perfume purchase I made. Like most ladies, I love perfume; I very rarely leave the house without it on. I'm a bit of a perfume snob you may say, as I only tend to wear fairly expensive and quite 'heavy' perfumes. My favourites being Coco Chanel by (of course) Chanel, Opium by Yves Saint Lauren and Crystal Noir by Versace. I'm not a fan of hugely floral delicate scents, I prefer ones that are spicy and that last the whole day through. That's why I tend to buy 'Eau de Parfum' versions, and not 'Eau de Toilette'.

About 4/5 years ago, I 'discovered' this scent and have been wearing it ever since. I tend to only wear it in the summer, because I find it too light for wear during the winter. Said perfume is 'Island Kiss' by German fashion house Escada.

Escada tend to re-bottle and re-brand this fragrance every year, just in time for summer. You may know it under various other names including 'Sunset Heat' and 'Rockin' Rio'. The top notes and base notes differ year to year slightly, but the scent is still essentially the same. It is very sweet, fruity and citrus like, reminding me of holidays on a warm Caribbean beach.

As much as I do like it, I've noticed that the fragrance doesn't last as long as 'Rockin' Rio' or 'Sunset Heat' did. Nor do I think it smells as strong as the others did. Not that it's a problem, as I still do like the scent but for a strong perfume lover, it is a little disappointing. That said, I do like the bottles colour, the blue hues remind me of the sea, and I do think that it ties in well with the name.




£19.99 online from the Perfume Shop



Full details...

Top notes - orange, passion flower and mango

Base notes - woody notes and sensual musk.

If you like tropical, holiday inducing scents, then by all means do try this perfume out.



Until next time lovelies x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds loverlyyy Im exactly the same I love perfume but have a hard time finding ones that linger long enough. I want one that leaves a trail when i walk by haha

    Jenn x Sculptured Mess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice fruity summer perfume! If you like perfumes like that, why not try Opium? Or another YSL one - Cinema? xx

      Delete